Colonel Bryan Preece is the commander, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin Air National Base, Charleston, West Virginia. As Wing Commander, he is responsible for formulation, developing and coordinating all policies, programs, and plans for over 1100 personnel and nine aircraft. He also serves as a C-130 Evaluator Pilot.
Colonel Preece enlisted the 130th Airlift Wing in 1993 as an air transportation specialist. While enlisted in Air Transportation, he was promoted to the rank of Staff Sergeant and was selected to represent the 130th Airlift Wing as a member of the Air Mobility Rodeo Team. In 1999, he commissioned as a Second Lieutenant upon completing his Bachelor of Arts degree from West Virginia State University. In addition to serving as Operations Group Commander, Colonel Preece has served as the Chief of Current Operations, Chief of Training, as well as Deputy Commander of the 130th Maintenance Group. Colonel Preece has deployed in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Freedom’s Sentinel, and Coronet Oak.
Colonel Preece is a Command Pilot, Functional Check Pilot, and Flight Examiner in the C-130H with more than 4,000 military flying hours.
1996 Airman Leadership School, by correspondence
1998 Bachelor of Arts, West Virginia State University, Institute, W.Va.
1999 Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
2006 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course
2007 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2008 USAF Advanced Instrument School
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Master of Arts Degree, Marshall University, Huntington, W.Va.
- July 1993 – September 1993, Student, Base Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
- April 1994 – June 1994, Student, Air Transportation School, Lackland AFB, Texas
- June 1994 – March 1999, Air Transportation Specialist, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- March 1999 – July 1999, Student, Academy of Military Science, Maghee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
- July 1999 – Jul 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB OK, and Corpus Christi NAS, Texas
- March 2001 – August 2008, Line Pilot, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- August 2008 – February 2011, Chief of Training, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- February 2011 – October 2011, B Flight Commander, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- October 2011 – February 2012, C-130 Evaluator Pilot, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- February 2012 – October 2012, A Flight Commander, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- October 2012 – July 2015, Chief of Stan Evaluations, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- July 2015 – December 2017, Deputy Commander, 130th Maintenance Group, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- January 2018 – March 2018, Deputy Commander, 130th Operations Group, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- March 2018 – May 2019, Commander, 130th Operations Group, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
- May 2019 – Present, Commander, 130th Airlift Wing, McLaughlin ANGB, W.Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with 2 devices
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with 2 devices
Air Force Achievement Medal with 1 device
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device
Combat Readiness Medal with 4 devices
National Defense Service Medal with 1 device
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border with 1 device
Air Longevity Service
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 “M’ Devices
Basic Military Training Honor Graduate
AF Training Ribbon with 1 device
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
National Guard Association
1993 Honor Graduate, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
1993 Most Outstanding Airman, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas